Sunday, January 29, 2012

SOTRPG

State of The Role Playing Game:


I've picked up quite a few RPG's for the older consoles recently, and I'm going to start playing through them, and finally scratching the itch of old. I'll pick up from where I'm at currently, in a gem that no one has really heard of; Megaman X: Command Mission. A very well thought out game, with decent graphics (For Gamecube anyway), an interesting enough non-canon (Doesn't tie in with the rest of the series) storyline, and simple play style that keeps you entertained for hours. Whether it be saving up for a new weapon, grinding on mettaurs and preons for hours on end, or just running through so you can finish the story, the game has a lot to offer for the RPG gamer of now and yesteryear. I'm currently in chapter 6 (About halfway through), and I've sunk 33 hours total into the game. That's not including resets from some of the insanely long boss battles that I've lost, as customary to the megaman series; A quick SOTRPG side note - I despise games that put you in a position to where you can lose to a difficult boss, not a in quick and simple overkill death (i.e. Sephiroth completely destroyed me in KH2, and set the tone that I should go level up before even attempting), but drags a fight that you're going to lose anyway out for hours as if it would make a difference. For whatever reason, you're level 15 and the boss is level 23, and somehow, thats the perfect ratio in level for a slow, agonizing, demoralizing, and altogether painful death.

But back to the game, it's a very good experience for those getting in the swing of the JRPG genre, and I recommend anyone with a GameCube or PS2 to locate a copy for their collection. In the future, I will definitely give more in depth with the SOTRPG, to give a decent idea of a walkthrough, because me starting in the middle of the game is a bit of confusing to most, but I will do a set of these for Command Mission if anyone  would like me too. Thanks for reading and stay thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment